Two days ago – almost three now, I suppose – one of the wonderful people I’ve “gotten to know” through this blog, Jonathan from Musicblog95, made my week when he nominated me for the Liebster Award. Again, thank you so much for that. I felt so proud, haha.
It’s basically “an award for wonderful bloggers with under two hundred followers,” and well, that’s me, too! Yay 😀
I’m just copying all the official stuff from Jonathan, so if it’s wrong, blame him!
The award follows a simple 4-rule system:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from your tagger/nominator.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Please tell them that you’ve nominated them, too.
- No tag backs! We wouldn’t people to get double nominations.
So, let’s get to it!
Eleven things about ME
- I’m Dutch, and I like that.
- My first wish, if I was ever granted my three, would be that I could sing really well. Like, amazingly well. Right now, sadly, I can’t really sing at all. Or I sound much better in my head, anyway.
- My second wish is for me to be able to fly. Without wings, just… like in my dreams. Sort of Superman -style, but without the outstretched arm.
- My third wish used to be, for a while, for Pokémon to exist for real in our world. I stole that from someone else, because I love Pokémon and I think it would be awesome. My one life event on Facebook for 2002 is that I left home to become a Pokémon master. Sadly, that’s a lie, but I honestly believe I probably would be more at home in the Pokémon world. If I could, I would totally f*ck college and be a Pokémon master. Oh well..
- Right now, I’m not really sure what my third wish would be. Maybe just to be happy? I’ll get back to you on that one.
- Since I was just talking about this tonight: I don’t cry when watching movies. I just don’t. I feel supremely awkward when I do, so whatever tears I might feel welling up, I suppress them. The only two movies that I genuinely cried… about/for/during? were Into the Wild (at the end, for a good 15 min. straight). It was the first movie that ever happened for. My mom and sister thought I was joking.
- The other one was Jagten, which I saw with my mom in a cinema in my favourite city in the world, Rotterdam <3. It was incredibly embarrassing, because of course I was surrounded by people I didn’t know, and i was just trying my best not to cry out loud. It was so incredibly sad. Wow. That one really, really got to me. Watch it.
- My favourite movie ever is, I guess, Dead Poets Society. So, so good.
- In fact, for a short while, a few weeks back, I decided that I wanted to get ‘Nuwanda’ tattooed on my wrist. Then I thought better of it and decided that a tattoo wasn’t for me after all. Still, Nuwanda is one of my favourite fictional characters ever.
- Another one is Garp, from ‘The world according to Garp’, which is I think my favourite book. Another favourite are all three from the “Een groene bloem” trilogy. Sadly, it’s only been translated into German and Danish (I think…), but you might even want to learn Dutch for it. Generally, I really enjoy fantasy, and sad sad sad books. Tragedy is wonderful.
- Finally, I have superior taste in music. Just accept it – I have. And as much as I may joke about that, I really do kind of believe that my taste in music is better than that of about 95% of the world. Or at least 95% of the people my age. (That’s 21, FYI).
Eleven questions from my nominator
1. Why did you start blogging/what inspired you to blog?
I’ve been wanting to for a long time, and actually did have another blog for a while called Wishful Dandy. I like dandies. Oscar Wilde is my idol, more or less. So the idea’s been there for some time, because I felt I’d be good at it – rather arrogant, I just like to waste time online and I can be quite funny sometimes and well… yeah. One thing just lead to another. This was originally meant to be a blog with two of my friends but then… it wasn’t.
2. One of your favourite books?
3. Your idea of a perfect weekend?
It lasts forever, is filled with a lot of chilling, eating bad foods (French cheese and baguette ❤ Chaource is the best), watching movies with my mom and sister… That kind of thing right now, I guess. No homework!
4. Your favourite film?
Another one that I kind of already answered… Anyway, looking to my Tumblr (yes, I have one) for inspiration, I came across Who framed Roger Rabbit? which is amazing. Love it. And now that I think of it – this being a movie I love because my dad loves it and got me acquainted – The Rocky Horror Picture Show. FANTASTIC. I’m going home, The time warp, Hot Patootie, and most of all, Sweet Transvestite. Tim Curry is the best.
5. Something you have on your bucket list?
6. What was (is) your least favourite subject in school?
PE, probably. I just wasn’t very good at it, didn’t care for it… meh.
7. …your favourite subject?
English and philosophy. Particularly English, since I love the language and it was my best subject. I’m still sad I didn’t manage to score high enough on my final exam to get a 10 as a final grade. And yes, I am mentioning that here now.
8. What was the last song you listened to?
I put a spell on you, first the Screamin’ Jay Hawkins version (awesome!), then the CCR cover.
9. The last book you read?
Err… I’m almost done with ‘Something Borrowed’ by Emily Griffin? It’s a nice and easy read. Before that I finished ‘The particular sadness of lemon cake’ which was cool but unsettling, and Fiesta by Hemingway, which was alright.
10. Do you play any instruments?
Yes! I took keyboard lessons for 6 years, but sadly practices very little – I am not an overly disciplined person… – so I’m not very good still. It’s stupid, because I have nice big hands and actually could have been quite good. Alas. No getting me to do stuff I’m not really into.
I also play the guitar, I’m actually just starting on my second semester of guitar classes with one of my friends 🙂 Again, though, the practising could be better. I’m not really feeling it right now.
11. What hobbies do you have?
I love singing, as I said, but stuff that I’m actually decent at includes acting, writing, and… that’s it. I mostly waste tons of time doing nothing online. I wonder what my life would have been like had I been born before the dawn of the internet.
Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Please tell them that you’ve nominated them, too.
So… this. Thing is, I don’t spend nearly as much time as I’d like reading stuff on WordPress, so this is really difficult for me. It’s the main reason I’ve waited until now to even start writing this post. Since it’s almost three in the morning as I’m writing this, I will save this as a draft now, and go back to update and finish this post tomorrow during the day. You won’t notice any of that, but it’s true. It will have happened when you’re reading this.
For now, sleep well, sleep tight, and don’t let the bed bugs bite!
I have decided to cheat. Basically, what it comes down to is that I just don’t have 11 people to nominate. Maybe I should not accept the award at all then, as I can’t meet the criteria?
As it is, I have decided to spend the coming two weeks actively looking for blogs that I really enjoy, with few followers. As soon as I’ve done that, I will make a new post dedicated to the people I nominate. It’s not quite fair, and not very nice, but it’s the way it is… I’d like to know how you feel about this though? Frankly, this could also just be a very extensive ‘About Me’ post, where I thank Jonathan for being kind enough to nominate me, and excuse myself for not being awesome enough to nominate another eleven people. Let me know!
Have a great day 🙂